Re: STEEL:Allowable Bending of Single Angles

>Can someone clarify something for me:
>
>According to ASD 1989 9th edition, what is the allowable bending stress for
>single angles?  Our guys here have looked through the
>code, and it seems to be rather vague.  In the eighth edition (1978) there
>seems to be a more definitive stress indicated of 0.60 Fy.
>
>Thanks!
>
>Lorenzo

Refer to the "Specification for Allowable Stress Design of Single-Angle
Members" which starts on page 5-309 of my edition (9th) of the Manual of
Steel Construction ASD.

Scott A. Jensen P.E.                          email:  saj5(--nospam--at)inel.gov
Lockheed Martin Idaho Technologies           208-526-0544
P.O. Box 1625                                  fax:	208-526-2681
Idaho Falls, ID 83415-3650