Metal Stud Shear Walls and plywood diaphragms on metal joists.

Charlie Canitz,

I was going through SEAOC archives looking for information on the shear transfer detailing at stud shear walls with plywood sheathing, and found your comments regarding  AISI publication "Shear Wall Design Guide(RG-9604)".

Does it cover detailing or merely test results? Is that something that you can fax or e-mail to me?  I would appreciate this.

I am also looking for allowable values for plywood horizontal diaphragms on the metal gage joists. I couldn't find anything in the 97 UBC.  Does APA have any data on that?

Thanks,

Sasha Itsekson, P.E.
fax (510) 689-7006