From:  CanitzCF
Sent:  Tuesday, February 10, 1998 3:57 PM
To:  seaoc
Cc:  ITSEKSON SASHA
Subject:  MISC- AutoCAD Conversion To Microstation

My office presently prepares small fit-up designs for a DOD client. The client
utilizes Microstation for their in-house design and as database to maintain
as-builts. We presently use AutoCAD R13. Upon construction completion of a
particular project, we are required to forward the electronic as-built file to
the client so that they can update their database. The problem is Microstation
will sometimes not read paperspace or block attribute information as developed
on the AutoCAD drawing. Although we export the files in a .dxf format, there
obviously is a conversion problem.

Has anyone encountered similar past problems? If so, how did you correct the
problem? Is there a commercially available converter utility for this type of
situation?

Thanks in advance.

Charlie Canitz, PE
Bel Air, MD