Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Metal Stud Shear Walls and plywood diaphragms on metal joists.[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Re: Metal Stud Shear Walls and plywood diaphragms on metal joists.
- From: CanitzCF(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 00:32:21 EST
Sasha - I'll FAX a copy of AISI's Shear Wall Design Guide(RG-9604) to you within the next few days. Note that the information contained therein is test data. APA publishes "Structural Panel Shear Walls(Research Report No. 154)". Again, this is test data but I believed is presently used by most SE's as the "bible" and can be interpolated specific to the particular design. I've ordered a copy from APA and am still awaiting delivery so I can't provide any specifics. The cost is $3.00 and can be ordered on-line at: www.apawood.org/pubindex.html. Refer to Chapter 22, Dision VIII, P.2-266 of the 1997 UBC for design data for the lateral load resistance of steel stud wall systems. Tables 22-A and B provide data for walls designed to resist wind loads; Table 22-C provides seismic data. CABO has supposedly incorporated cold formed steel framing prescriptive design but I can't provide specifics since I don't have a copy. To my knowledge, there is no data presently available for horizontal diaphragms. Professor Reynaud Serrette of the Santa Clara University has performed extensive testing of steel stud shear walls and may be able to provide additional references. His phone number is (408)554-6868. His E-Mail address is: RSERRETTE(--nospam--at)MAILER.SCU.EDU Another potential source is the National Association Of Home Builders at (301)249-4000. The point of contact that I have is Nader Elhajj at extension 581 or Jay Crandell at extension 540. The Light Gauge Steel Engineers Association is another good source. Their phone number is (510)439-6645. Hope this helps. Charlie Canitz, PE Bel Air, MD CanitzCF(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Prev by Subject: Metal Stud Shear Walls and plywood diaphragms on metal joists.
- Next by Subject: Re: Metal Stud Shear Walls and plywood diaphragms on metal joists.
- Previous by thread: Metal Stud Shear Walls and plywood diaphragms on metal joists.
- Next by thread: Re: Metal Stud Shear Walls and plywood diaphragms on metal joists.