RE: Signing mylars or vellums

Not too sure how to read the "LAW," but in our office velums are never
signed for private owners (bridge work for Caltrans is a different matter, I
believe, but I don't work in that end of the office).  We've recently added
the stamp to our AutoCAD drawings so we don't have to stamp all the sheets.
We also added about 8 lines of text under the stamp block that say (about 8
different times)that only "wet signed paper blueprints" are to be considered
legal construction documents.  Not sure what else blueprints would be
printed on besides paper, but the note is unambiguous and serves to cover
our butts.

Paul