Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: Uncooperative owner (for Jerry R. Taylor)

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
I do not know about your Bulding Department or State regulation.
However you may consider the the following:
- Wait untill he calls for the first Inspection.
- Then firmly require the full payment at the Site.
- Meet him at the site, PERFORM the inspection, if no payment made, refuse
to provide FURTHUR service. 
- Place the Buildrs' Lien against the property and go from there.

Best Wishes
Kasey Hemmatyar, P. Eng.

KCH and Associates Consulting Engineers Ltd.
1089 West Broadway, Suite 207
Vancouver, B.C. V6H 1E5  Canada
Tel: (604) 731-1113
Fax: (604) 731-3312 or: (604) 875-8542
E-mail: kch(--nospam--at)

At 05:05 PM 2/11/98 -0800, you wrote:
>I have a client who is quite late on paying my engineering bill on a small
>residential job and the project is about to break ground.  I have  lost my
>patients with this guy.  One provision in my contract (which he never
>returned) states that if I am not paid, my responsibilities and obligations
>are terminated.  I am considering sending a letter to the building
>department, with a copy to the client saying that I no longer take
>responsibility for this project.  It seems to me that this will either put
>the heat on the client to send me a check or dissolve my professional
>obligations to an obviously un-cooperative owner.  Is this adviseable?,
>possible?, legal?
>Jerry R. Taylor  (jrtce(--nospam--at)