Re: Homeowner Needs Engineer

On 02/11/98 09:21:04 you wrote:

>What's a calculator? My grandfather has told me stories about these
>devices, but I have not seen one in person.
>
>I don't think a calculator would qualify you, so I believe you will have to
>come up with some other qualifications.
>
>Be creative.
>
>Regards,
>Bill Allen (tongue firmly planted in cheek)
>
>----------
>> From: BRBATES(--nospam--at)aol.com
>> To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
>> Subject: Re: Homeowner Needs Engineer
>> Date: Wednesday, February 11, 1998 8:50 AM
>>

>> << Can we go as low as an EIT certificate?   >>
>>
>> I own a calculator, am I qualified?  ;-)

Does anyone else remember "Sliderules" ?

They were "State of the Art" when I took my EIT Exam.

The Chief Examiner bent enough to allow the use of Calculators in addition to Sliderules the
year I took the Exam.

Of course Space Flight was still considered Science Fiction at the time.

Dam things have changed over the last three decades.

I now use a 166 MHz Laptop computer with Modem, C.D. etc.

Robert W. Stevens, Jr., S.E., P.E., R.L.S.
Consulting Engineer                       ;-0