Re: Pushover Analysis Techniques

> Abdi
>     ... ... ... ...
> And I've heard about the CANNY-R program but never experienced. The
> multispring element for the materlal are used. But I don't know the
> efficiency for that. I want to know the information about the hardware
> requirements, computation efficiency and easiness for use. Your
> information will be helpful for me.
------------------------------------
It is more than four years that I am using CANNY for 2D and 3D dynamic and
pushover analyses. However, I have not tried the multi-spring models.
Using those models in the program, you will be able to model the
axial load-moment interaction in columns. I am using only elements
with uniaxial hysteresis models and I have not used multi-spring or
biaxial elements of this program. I checked the program for few months
using three and seven story buildings with three frames. By using
symmetric-elastic, symmetric-inelastic, asymmetric-elastic and
asymmetric-inelastic modelling for the buildings, I checked the
results against the results of SUPER-ETABS, DRAIN-2DX, PC-ANSR, and
DRAIN-TABS and found very close agreement between them.

Regarding the hardware, I am using the program both on SUN Workstation
and on PC. About the easiness of use, it is easy to use but like
any other program one should work with it for a while to be sure
that computer models the building the same way that you intended to.

If you have more detail questions, you can ask Dr. Li (the developer of
the program) directly using his email address: kangning(--nospam--at)aicom.com

Abdi (A.S. Moghadam)
sarvgha(--nospam--at)mcmaster.ca