Re: SEF Magazine Information

Structural Engineering Forum Magazine has apparently stopped
publication.  It is unfortunate as it was a very polished,
less technical look at structural engineering.  It wasn't
promoting any particular materials or products, just
providing glossy colors and nice descriptions of current
structural engineering projects and topics.  I have the
following issues on my shelf:
    April/May 1995
    Jan/Feb  1997
I believe they published the first issue in Nov/Dec 1993,
and then bi-monthly throughout 1994 (subscriptions were
free).  They fell on hard times in 1995 and only got out a
few issues, and perhaps another one in 1996.  There was
rumor of their ressurrection around August of 1996.  (They
called me because we had been advertising in the magazine.)
But there was no word until an issue appeared in my mailbox
in February of last year.  I haven't seen anything since.
We were sorry to see them go, not because it provided a
place for us to advertise, but because it was good reading.
If anyone wants to dig further, or help find a way to get
them
back into publishing, try these names/numbers:
    Publisher: Craig Cartwright
    Engineering Publications, Inc.
    144 S. 600 W.
    Logan, UT 84321-5026
    Phone: 801-755-3145 (apparently out of order)
    Email: sef(--nospam--at)ni.net

Terry Kubat
IES Support Engineer, support(--nospam--at)iesweb.com
phone: 406/586-2665, fax: 406/586-5671