Re: Uncooperative owner

Caldwell, Stan wrote:

> At least in Texas, Small Claims Court is a handy option.  It even works
> quite well for "pay when paid" disputes.  The cost is less than $50, and
> does not require any lawyers!  The only limitation is that claims cannot
> exceed a ceiling of about $5000.
>
> Stan Caldwell, P.E.
> Dallas, Texas

Another option you may consider is to contact the owner of the property.
In our notice of intent to lien it states that in Washington State
residential property owners must be notified within 10 days and
commercial property owners must be notified within 60 days after
beginning the work.  It also gives suggestions to the owner on how they
can be sure they don't end up with a lien on theie property such as
writing the check to both parties.  email me at andeng(--nospam--at)televar.com if
you with to have me give you a copy of our standard form.  The law may
be different in other states.