From: John Cannon Jones <jcjones(--nospam--at)pell.net>
To: 'seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org'
Subject: RE: Modulus of subgrade reaction
Date: Thursday, February 12, 1998 11:55 AM

Bowles book uses modulus of subgrade reaction because it is easier to test
for that E or v.  You can directly test for k which is better than test for
another parameter and then calcing the one you actually need.

Back to the question at hand:

Contact a local geotech for this info.  In my local area values are
typically about 150 pci.  The geotechs in this area will typically include
this value in their reports to aid in slab design.

John Jones
Pell City, AL