Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Joist Girder Moment Frames?[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Joist Girder Moment Frames?
- From: Chris Palmateer <chrisp(--nospam--at)vlmk.mhsmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 15:34:00 -0800
I'm curious, does anyone have any experience with utilizing open web steel joist girders as part of the lateral system in buildings? Vulcraft will design the girders for the loading specified on the Drawings, but leaves the connection design to the EOR. With the Northridge event, SAC recommendations, etc. , is this even a viable lateral system for new construction. Any and all thoughts are appreciated.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Joining SEAOC
- Next by Subject: Re: Joist Girder Moment Frames?
- Previous by thread: SEAONC Spring Seminar
- Next by thread: Re: Joist Girder Moment Frames?