Re: Signing mylars or vellums

<< It is my opinion that the use of the word original does not refer to the
 vellum or mylar, but to the drawings used on the job which have been stamped
 and permited by the building official - such as original permit set. >>

     I agree 100%. A wet signature is everything. I had a fire last year and
the water damage  caused me to loose a lot. This can happen to anyone.
     In some ways it was a blessing in disguise. I now plan to throw out
calc's after 2 years and just keep vellums for 10 years ( barring another fire
). A good engineer can find problems in any calcs but also sharpen his pencil
and make most plans work.

     Tom Harris , SE
     Thousand Oaks, CA