Re: Maintenance of Records

     Lawyer Stephen Swartz spoke to the consulting structural engineers
society in L.A. and said it is best not to have calcs any longer than required
for the project but keep plans 10 years ( CA ). A good engineer can find
problems in any calcs but a good engineer can also sharpen his pencil and make
a decent plan work.
     i lost my calcs to a fire ( sprinkler water ) a year ago and it has
actually been convienient. I saved my plans.
     Why should we pay for extra storage of calc's for 10 years in a room that
may cost over 100. 00 per month, 1200. year, $12,000.00  per 10 years ?

    Tom Harris , SE
    Thousand Oaks, CA