Re: legal responsibilities of the building official

I don't know if the building official can do anything... But..

What would stop you from showing up at the job site and taking the
stamped permit set?  The documents are a part of your service and if
your service is not paid for you can "repossess" the plans...

I would think most building officials wouldn't issue another stamped
"permit set" without wet signatures from the engineer.... And that
shouldn't come without payment.
--
Steve Privett
mailto:eqretrodr(--nospam--at)earthlink.net