RE: Increase in allowable stress for Loads in Equipament Test

Here is my 1 cent worth opinion:

I would consider the test load as a short term load and as far as the
test load does
not cause  any permanent displacements / deformations / strain,  you can
increase
the allowable stresses  by  1.5.  I would not use more than 1.5 factor.
How do we justify  the short term loads that  will not cause permanent
deformations ?
It need a little research on the materials physical properties, such as
the elastic
limits,  etc.

Kenneth  Liu

	Equipment for the load condition of test of the Equipment?