RE: legal responsibilities of the building official

Devious, an engineer after my own heart! This is a good idea so long as it
doesn't get violent. Only one problem I have run into - the contractor
protects the permit set offsite so as not to have it lost or destroyed. But,
if it's on the site, go for it.
Dennis Wish PE