Re: legal responsibilities of the building official

At 10:26 AM 2/12/98 -0800, you wrote:
>I don't know if the building official can do anything... But..
>
>What would stop you from showing up at the job site and taking the
>stamped permit set?  The documents are a part of your service and if
>your service is not paid for you can "repossess" the plans...
>
>I would think most building officials wouldn't issue another stamped
>"permit set" without wet signatures from the engineer.... And that
>shouldn't come without payment.
>--
>Steve Privett
>mailto:eqretrodr(--nospam--at)earthlink.net

A few years ago, a bottom feeder came into my office with my drawings and
calcs and my bill, which he was protesting.  After a few minutes of his
trash talk, such as saying that the guy at the building permit desk had
designed of couple of the beams prior to him coming to me and wanting to
know why I was charging for that; I calmly took the drawings and calcs out
of his hands and told him to go someplace else.  No dramatics; just didn't
need this kind of a client.

Neil Moore, S.E.