Re: Uncooperative owner

Read your contract carefully, don't you have a clause on termination by
notification by the client.  If the client never ask you to stop working
in writing, then you are still on the contract.  I would rather put a
lien on the property first.  Be carefully, if you send that letter to
the building department and cause delay of the occupancy of the
building. The owner can back sue you for that.

Anyway, always consult with your lawyer first.

Tom Chiu, SE, not a lawyer