MISC: Reality Check - Dumb Question

This is purely an academic question that I am embarrased to ask. I think that I must be so overworked that the answer is just not glowing directly in front of my face.

Question:
Assume you have a wall that is 100 feet long (wood stud with wood diaphragm above). The shear in the wall is 5 kips and you have anchor bolts spaced at 6'-0" with no less than two anchors per continuous sill plate.
Next assume that along this wall you have four shear panels equally spaced that are four feet wide x 8 feet tall. For the sake of argument, you don't have to worry about uplift (the question only pertains to shear.

In the shearwall design, we would provide sufficient anchor bolts in each panel to equal the capacity of the wall section. In otherwords, if the shear in the panel is 320 plf for four feet, we would specify two anchor bolts in that four foot panel.

The question is Why?  If the capacity of the cumulative anchors in the 100 foot wall grossly exceed 5 kips, why add anchorage in the shearwall panel section?
The only explanation I can see is to prevent rotation of the plate. But if the plate is continuous (such as might be the case in steel stud tracks) wouln't the adjacent plate resist sliding of the shear panel? For that matter, if the panel is only four feet long but the plate is sixteen feet long with three or four anchor bolts equally spaced, what could happen to the shear panel?

Boy will I feel stupid when the answer become obvious.

What prompted this is an Observation I did this morning for a steel stud residence. The contractor used MAS anchors rather than anchor bolts but did not provide a minimum of two MAS anchors per shear wall panel in all cases. The track was considered continuous since each section overlapped a splice  (similar to a top plate splice) and the cumulative capacity of all MAS connectors grossly exceeded the applied shear distributed through the entire wall (plwd shear panels and lath and stucco wall areas).

Please, someone, bring me back to reality.

Sincerely,
Dennis Wish PE