Re: Signing mylars or vellums

John,
You're exactly correct.  Florida's 'rules' of the Board require that all documents submitted for public record be signed and dated by the engineer, and then 'sealed' with a raised impression.  The rules don't address any other documents.

The intent is that the 'sealing' of the blueprints which are submitted for building permits represents a certification by the engineer that the information contained therein complies with all applicable codes and standards.

Lew Midlam, PE
http://www.lcm.com