Re: MBMA Code and Wind Loads

What a society this has become. Of course a building designed for a 140 MPH
wind costs more than one designed for a 70 MPH wind. The spec writer should
own up to the mistake and issue a change order so that the vendor will
provide a building designed for the appropriate criteria. What if the
building is used as a shelter during a hurricane and people die? Do we just
say "Oh well, we just followed the specifications"?

Regards,
Bill Allen

> From: MARCSBART(--nospam--at)aol.com
> To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
> Subject: Re: MBMA Code and Wind Loads
> Date: Saturday, February 14, 1998 8:18 AM
>
> The contractor has no earthly reason to pay any attention to your
letters.
> Any changes that he requests will result in an increase in cost to him.
This