Re: Increase in allowable stress for Loads in Equipment Test

I've never seen a code basis for this, but I sometimes reduce factors of
safety for temporary load conditions such as test conditions.  This is
purely
a judgement matter.  I've used a 0.75 load factor reduction at times similar
to the wind/seismic factor - if I feel that the temporary loads are well
defined and won't be detrimental to the structure.