Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
New Alliance to work toward DWG standard[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org>
- Subject: New Alliance to work toward DWG standard
- From: "Dennis S. Wish" <wish(--nospam--at)cwia.com>
- Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 11:15:33 -0800
I received this note from the Visio people who are organizing a coalition to created a platform standard based on the AutoDesk DWG format. Those interested may follow the links and join. Associate members (which most of us are) is free and software developers who have a vested interest in creating a workable DWG standard are encouraged to join for as much as $25,000.00 in capital.
For those of you interested in the topics about CAD conversion, this is an important issue.
Based on your interest in IntelliCAD(r) 98, we thought you might
appreciate knowing about the formation of a new group: The OpenDWG
Alliance. It's an association of CAD customers and vendors committed
to promoting AutoCAD's DWG drawing file format as an open,
industry-standard format for the exchange of CAD drawings.
As one of the 14 founding members, Visio Corporation stands firmly
behind the Alliance's goals. We believe that having an open DWG file
format will create enormous benefits throughout our
industry-especially for people like you who rely on having access to
the data in your CAD files.
If you'd like more information about the Alliance, or if you'd like to
lend your opinion on creating an industry-standard DWG file format,
visit the OpenDWG Alliance Web site atwww.opendwg.org. Your interest
is welcome and your participation is encouraged.
Co-founder, Executive Vice President, and Chief Technology Officer
If you do not want to receive e-mail from Visio, you can remove your
name from this mailing list by replying to:
- Prev by Subject: Re: Need this brace meet the Chevron brace Requirement?
- Next by Subject: Re: New Alliance to work toward DWG standard
- Previous by thread: RE: Residential wood stud heights and stresses
- Next by thread: Re: New Alliance to work toward DWG standard