New Alliance to work toward DWG standard

I received this note from the Visio people who are organizing a coalition to created a platform standard based on the AutoDesk DWG format. Those interested may follow the links and join. Associate members (which most of us are) is free and software developers who have a vested interest in creating a workable DWG standard are encouraged to join for as much as $25,000.00 in capital.
For those of you interested in the topics about CAD conversion, this is an important issue.

Based on your interest in IntelliCAD(r) 98, we thought you might

appreciate knowing about the formation of a new group: The OpenDWG

Alliance. It's an association of CAD customers and vendors committed

to promoting AutoCAD's DWG drawing file format as an open,

industry-standard format for the exchange of CAD drawings.

As one of the 14 founding members, Visio Corporation stands firmly

behind the Alliance's goals. We believe that having an open DWG file

format will create enormous benefits throughout our

industry-especially for people like you who rely on having access to

the data in your CAD files.

If you'd like more information about the Alliance, or if you'd like to

lend your opinion on creating an industry-standard DWG file format,

visit the OpenDWG Alliance Web site at www.opendwg.org. Your interest

is welcome and your participation is encouraged.

Ted Johnson

Co-founder, Executive Vice President, and Chief Technology Officer

Visio Corporation

If you do not want to receive e-mail from Visio, you can remove your

name from this mailing list by replying to:

mailto:email_remove(--nospam--at)halcyon.com