Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Spacing Limits for shear[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Spacing Limits for shear
- From: Roger Turk <73527.1356(--nospam--at)compuserve.com>
- Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 15:51:20 -0500
When shear reinforcement is required, i.e., V(u) > .5*phi*V(c), as required by Sect. 188.8.131.52, the spacing limits that you referenced are applicable. The reason for this is for any 45 deg. shear crack to have at least one shear reinforcing bar crossing it. Note that the spacing for reinforced concrete is related to the "d" distance, not the "h" dimension. A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural) Tucson, Arizona
- Prev by Subject: Re: Something or other...
- Next by Subject: Spacing Limits for shear reinforcement.
- Previous by thread: Re: Spacing Limits for shear reinforcement.
- Next by thread: Reinforced Gunite Swimming Pole Details