COMP:Design Programs

Our structures group at my office is currently re-evaluating our design
program choices.  One of our biggest needs is an
"all-encompassing" program which does design of certain element types such
as concrete beams, steel beams/columns,
base plates, retaining walls, footings, composite beams, etc. to name a
few.

Currently we have been using Enercalc but are disappointed in the latest
release we have (5.0).  Although it has an attractive layout, we
feel that the applications are somewhat difficult to enter data in and use
as effeciently as we'd like.  There are also printing problems
 as well as questionable design operations.  We are looking into
alternatives.

Has anyone tried a program like the one I've mentioned?  What about STAAD
PRO?  Please let me know your pros and cons
and thanks in advance for your assistance.

Lorenzo