RE: Re[2]: MBMA Code and Wind Loads

 Since wind loads for low rise buildings from
ASCE 7-95 end up being not largely different from those determined from ASCE
7-93,
[john]
We recently did a movie theatre in Miami.  Footing uplift was checked using both ASCE7-93 and 7-95.  There was almost a 100% difference in the uplift with 7-95 giving the higher result.  Luckily the Building Official let us use 7-93.  It is my understanding that the next ASCE7 is going to correct some of these inconsistencies.

John Jones
Pell City, AL

<<application/ms-tnef>>