Getting Involved - Revisited

     I held off sending this until I was sure, but during the last SEAOSC
     Orange County meeting Susan Dowty of ICBO (who gave a great talk on
     the status and details of the upcoming IBC 2000 code) suggested that
     anyone interested in commenting on the Draft IBC 2000 send a fax to
     ICBO and they would send a complimentary copy.  Yesterday I received
     my copy.  It also includes an official form for submitting changes and
     they have also listed the responsible contacts for each section
     including phone, fax, AND E-Mail addresses.  To get your free
     complimentary copy you need to send a fax (no phone orders) to ICBO
     1-562-692-3853 attention Liz Letz.  I assume, but I am not sure, that
     this only applies to those on the West Coast who fall under the IBCO
     (UBC) jurisdiction.  I would like to think that BOCA and SBCCI are
     also offering free copies in their respective areas.  Anyone in the
     South or East U.S. know??

     This seems like a great opportunity for those of us who are travel
     and/or money challenged to GET INVOLVED and to become familiar with
     the Building Code that all of us in the States will be using in just a
     few years.

     Thomas Hunt, S.E.
     Fluor Daniel