Subject: Re[2]: MBMA Code and Wind Loads
Author:  James_F_Fulton@rohmhaas.com_at_-FDInternet at FDINET
Date:    02/16/1998 4:07 PM

I would tend to agree that the source of wind load provisions in ASCE 7-95
is
not MBMA.  About 3 years ago I compared the wind loads on a metal building
design determined using MBMA and ASCE 7 (either 93 or 88, doesn't matter
here). The MBMA loads were much less.  MBMB has some justification for this,

but I am not sure what it is. Since wind loads for low rise buildings from
ASCE 7-95 end up being not largely different from those determined from ASCE

7-93, I suspect that MBMA wind loads are still much less than the
corresponding ASCE 7-95 values. In the process of this work, I was
developing
a metal bldg. spec, and I specified that the building was to be designed to
1993 BOCA Code, particularly in regards to wind loads.