RE: AutoCAD R14 Tip

Mark is correct, the W command is simply part of the standard Autocad, but
the difference is as follows.
When you first create a block and then use the wblock command and specify
the block name, a file is saved to disk but Autocad will not save a
thumbnail graphic with it. Try it, when you retrieve it, no graphic will
show.
If you use the wblock or 'W' command, bypass the block name (hit the enter
key) and choose the selection set of objects to save to disk, a thumbnail
will be saved with the file as will a block name equivalent to the wblock
name you choose.
The Tips and Tricks was not clear on this, but I played around with it for a
while to see the difference.
Dennis Wish PE