CAD - Standard for Detail Names?????

I don't have much need to set up a standard for layers since I don't
coordinate structural layers with my architects or designers. My layer
convention works well for me.
However, I have often had difficulty establishing an easy detail library
name for files that makes it fast to find specific files.
In the days of 8.3 titles, I worked up a convention that followed something
like this:
WDDTDR01.dwg which stood for WooD DeTail DRag number 01
CRDTFT01.dwy which stood for ConcRete DeTailFooTing 01

The problem was that I had CRDTFT01-50 and had to either keep a book of
details for reference or scroll through 50 details to find the one I wanted
(or spend the money for an aftermarket drawing viewer). Now with long file
names (at least under 32 characters for details inserts) I find that I am
running into similar problems as the descriptions are not complete enough to
quickly retrieve the detail I want.

Do any of you have conventions that you have worked up to standardize the
names of your details for easy retrieval?

Dennis S. Wish PE