Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
CAD - Standard for Detail Names?????[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org>
- Subject: CAD - Standard for Detail Names?????
- From: "Dennis S. Wish" <wish(--nospam--at)cwia.com>
- Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 14:01:28 -0800
I don't have much need to set up a standard for layers since I don't coordinate structural layers with my architects or designers. My layer convention works well for me. However, I have often had difficulty establishing an easy detail library name for files that makes it fast to find specific files. In the days of 8.3 titles, I worked up a convention that followed something like this: WDDTDR01.dwg which stood for WooD DeTail DRag number 01 CRDTFT01.dwy which stood for ConcRete DeTailFooTing 01 The problem was that I had CRDTFT01-50 and had to either keep a book of details for reference or scroll through 50 details to find the one I wanted (or spend the money for an aftermarket drawing viewer). Now with long file names (at least under 32 characters for details inserts) I find that I am running into similar problems as the descriptions are not complete enough to quickly retrieve the detail I want. Do any of you have conventions that you have worked up to standardize the names of your details for easy retrieval? Dennis S. Wish PE
- Prev by Subject: RE: CAD - Standard for Detail Names?- LONG!
- Next by Subject: CAD - Standard for Detail Names?????
- Previous by thread: Re: IBC Code Change Procedures
- Next by thread: CAD - Standard for Detail Names?????