Re: Bolt Torques

Bruce,

Our firm uses a Skidmore for calibation of a air torque wrench and then
monitor the torque with direct tension indicators.  Make sure that you
use only new bolts and washers for the calibaration and that they are
clean.

Last time I had to witness torque on a flyover bridge the ironworker
doing the work was about 6' 6" and weighed about 300 lbs.  He needed a
cheater bar and this was for, I think, 1" bolts.  I couldn't even get
the torque wrench to click over and I weigh in at 225. Torquing the 2"
will be a real bear, even with a air wrench.