Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
SEAONC 1998 Spring Seminar[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: SEAONC 1998 Spring Seminar
- From: csh(--nospam--at)soha.com
- Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 16:14:01 -0800
- >from: csh(--nospam--at)soha.com
SEAONC 1998 Spring Seminar: Passive Energy Dissipation Dates: Thursday, March 12 & 19, 1998 Location: Kaiser Center Auditorium 300 Lakeside Drive, 2nd Floor, Oakland Registration: 5:30 p.m. Exhibitions: 5:30 p.m. Reception: 5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. Session: 6:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. Cost: SEAOC member $100, Non-member $125 It is NOT COMPLICATED. The main objective of the 1998 Spring Seminar is to introduce damper technology in a simple and practical manner. There will be plenty of step-by-step descriptions, flow charts, and examples of all procedures presented. The following is a list of confirmed speakers: 1. Introduction: Michael Constantinou 2. Applicability: Charles Kircher 3. Analysis: Andrew Whittaker 4. New Advances: Nicos Makris 5. Design and Cost: Patrick Crosby 6. Testing and Specifications: Ian Aiken 7. Example 1: San Francisco Civic Center (New): Claudia Soyer 8. Example 2: Los Angeles Police Department (retrofit): Ravindra Kanitkar Several Manufacturers will be exhibiting their products prior to the start of the seminar presentations. A catered reception will also take place prior to the seminar. To register, please contact the SEAONC office at (415)974-5147 for a registration form. Remember to register early - space is limited!
- Prev by Subject: Re: SEAOC Dues Increases - Resonse to James Lai's Comments
- Next by Subject: SEAONC 1998 Spring Seminar
- Previous by thread: RE: Residential wood stu
- Next by thread: SEAONC 1998 Spring Seminar