Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Advertising[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Re: Advertising
- From: LibertyEng(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 11:27:09 EST
I'd like to weigh in on the advertising. I respect software vendors that monitor this list and contribute. I'd rather hear from vendor's engineers and code crunchers than the sales staff. I was very impressed with Bruce Bates's contributions to the discussion of Master-Slave nodes. He presented the facts without a direct sales pitch. Noticeably absent were contributions from other software developers on how they define the relationships. Par for the course when discussing how a program works with a vendor's salesman is: "It uses the stiffness method". Mr. Bates did his company a favor by participating the way he did. We all saw that here was a vendor that could probably use his own product. The list is an excellent place to get into the finer points of software use and abuse. I welcome software discussions that focus on the technical aspects and user's opinions of the software's ease of use, reliability and adaptability. These programs are expensive. It's nice to know what real users think before you buy. Jan Harris, PE ( & I'm Not a RISA User!! )
- Prev by Subject: ADMIN: Searching the SEAOC Archives - a listservice problem in need of a solution
- Next by Subject: Re: Advertising
- Previous by thread: Re: Something or other...
- Next by thread: Re: Advertising