Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
CFMS - Cold Formed Metal Studs in Wall With Sheathing on One Side Only[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: CFMS - Cold Formed Metal Studs in Wall With Sheathing on One Side Only
- From: stan J <hawneng(--nospam--at)wac.com>
- Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 09:14:32 -0800
I'm looking at a wall with metal C studs and sheathing on one side only. At the bottom of the studs each flange is attached to the sill track. At the top of the studs each flange is attached to a track top plate. At about mid height is a u channel that runs though the cut outs and is attached to the web of each stud via a clip angle. The stud is a two span affair supported at ground, intermediate floor, and roof. I'm trying to evaluate the capacity of the stud to resist wind loads that put the flange without the sheathing into compression. I had thought of using lx = L/2 Kx = 1 ly = very small Ky = 1 lt = L/2 Kt = 1 and then applying the typical formulas for allowable bending in cold formed C sections Dennis . . . anyone, am I on the right track (pun intended) or not. Thanks Stan Johnson, PE I'm singing in the rain, just sing . . . :)))
- Prev by Subject: Re: CE or PE
- Next by Subject: Re: CFMS - Cold Formed Metal Studs in Wall With Sheathing on One Side Only
- Previous by thread: "Caisson Footings"
- Next by thread: Re: CFMS - Cold Formed Metal Studs in Wall With Sheathing on One Side Only