Re: CFMS - Cold Formed Metal Studs in Wall With Sheathing on One Side Only

It is my opinion that you should provide lateral bracing to the compression
flange.  If it is unsheathed then you need to provide it by some other means.

What I always do when I have a non-typical design case is call one of the
major suppliers like Dale/Incor or Marino and ask to speak to an engineer.  I
explain the situation to them and usually they run a computer analysis on it
and give me the results.  I always ask them to fax me the computer output.  I
have found that they are always happy to perform that service.

Richard Lewis, P.E.
Missionary TECH Team
rlewis(--nospam--at)techteam.org