RE: CAD - Standard for Detail Names?- LONG!

>Does anyone out there use any sort of Electronic binder system for
purposes of viewing and identifying which details to list for use in
assembling a CAD file? We've fiddled around with some...but would be
interested in knowing of any other options.

I use a program called DocuMagic, where I scan in many of our details - it
works just the same as a file cabinet with drawers and file folders, but is
extremely fast.  All of our standard details that go into our calc sets
come from here as well as many standard calculation pages and
documentation;  a similar set up could be used for drawing details, which
could be then numbered (even randomly) for finding on your directory.

Neil Moore, S.E.