Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Dynamic base shears, is it considered?[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Dynamic base shears, is it considered?
- From: MRodrig273(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 20:59:53 EST
I am almost done with my Seismic design class here in Cal Poly, and I would like to get some input from practicing engineers. >From the Uniform building code, we base our lateral designs by comparing 2 base shears, wind and seismic. From my understanding, the seismic base shear is a static base shear. From my seismic class we have been analyzing and designing structures for dynamic base shears. So that means we now have to consider 3 base shears for our lateral designs, wind, static seismic, and dynamic seismic. Does anyone consider this in any of their designs? if dynamic base shears is considered, where do designers get their response spectra from? Thanks for all your input. Marlou Arce 98 Cal Poly, SLO
- Prev by Subject: RE: RE: duplication of plans
- Next by Subject: Re: Dynamic base shears, is it considered?
- Previous by thread: Re: EVAL: Evaluation of existing structure
- Next by thread: Re: Dynamic base shears, is it considered?