Dynamic base shears, is it considered?

I am almost done with my Seismic design class here in Cal Poly, and I would
like to get some input from practicing engineers.

>From the Uniform building code, we base our lateral designs by comparing 2
base shears, wind and seismic.  From my understanding, the seismic base shear
is a static base shear.  From my seismic class we have been analyzing and
designing structures for dynamic base shears.  So that means we now have to
consider 3 base shears for our lateral designs, wind, static seismic, and
dynamic seismic.

Does anyone consider this in any of their designs? if dynamic base shears is
considered, where do designers get their response spectra from?

Thanks for all your input.

Marlou
Arce 98
Cal Poly, SLO