RE: building classes

In the 4th Edition AISC Manual (1943 printing), Code of Standard
Practice, Class A steel is Structural Steel and Iron, Class B is
Ornamental Steel and Iron, Class C is Steel Floor Joists, Class D is
Miscellaneous Steel and Iron.  It defines what steel was furnished under
which contract.

Ed Marshall, PE
Atlanta