Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
AutoCAD & Network Questions[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: AutoCAD & Network Questions
- From: CPCseaoc(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 20:00:22 EST
From: H. John Price San Diego Does anyone have an answer to any or all of the following questions? When using PC's for AutoCAD across a network I've found that there is a noticeable drop-off in workstation performance (speed). Why is this? Is there a lot of file swapping going on, in addition to file saves? If so, how can I set up AutoCAD to use the local workstation disk drive for file swapping and temporary file saves while still saving the drawing files at "Save" or "End" commands to the network server. And on this topic, can I load the drawing file from the network server and when I save, do so to both the network server and the local workstation, thereby providing an automatic back-up copy? On a related topic, have you also experience network traffic/volume problems while running other office programs? The Etabs program (not the Windows input module) generates a lot of DOS-based network swap files. Any suggestions on how to handle this and similar issues while still maintaining the benefits of centralized network file storage and backup. Any input on the above topics would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
- Prev by Subject: Attachments
- Next by Subject: RE: AutoCAD & Network Questions
- Previous by thread: RE. Foundations in Swelling Soil: Resubmitting
- Next by thread: RE: AutoCAD & Network Questions