Re: braced wall code

>.....I think we had this thread before. Yes, the 1994 UBC Conventional wood
framing
>provisions for braced frame does not have a connection requirement for
>interior braced frame(shear wall) to roof framing. I agree that there
should......

Canada could do with the same.  Please let us know if you do come up with a
detail.  I have often used a steel angle bolted to allow vertical deflection
but fixed horizontally into the wall/ceiling structure.  If the rafters can
take the out-of-plane bending due to lateral loads I usually put in a
minimum number of diagonal braces from ceiling to rafter.  Ridge lines need
to be securely tied together.  Walls carried up to roof line often create a
stiff line at roof level connection and should be thought out before
detailing.

Thor Tandy  P.Eng
Victoria  BC