Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Silo roof slabs[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Silo roof slabs
- From: HOROWITZ(--nospam--at)NPD.UFPE.BR
- Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 11:28:02 +0000
I have written an article about continuity bending moments due to interstice loading in groups of four cylindrical silos. One of the assumptions made is that the roof slab is monolitically anchored to the walls, which is the usual practice in Brazil. One of the referees pointed out that "in the USA most silo designers do not anchor the roof slabs to the top of the silo walls". I wonder to what degree this applies to active earthquake regions like California. Bernardo Horowitz Adjunct Prof. of Civil Engineering The Federal University of Pernambuco - Brazil
- Prev by Subject: Re: Signing mylars or vellums
- Next by Subject: single angle members
- Previous by thread: General Thanx
- Next by thread: Proposed due increases again another $10?