Re: SEAOC Committee Meetings

----------
> From: FLew98(--nospam--at)aol.com
> To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
> Subject: Re: SEAOC Committee Meetings
> Date: Wednesday, February 25, 1998 1:35 PM
> However, that previous technology obstacle merely masked the real obstacle for
> this approach:  the need for organizational structure to make sure these
> cyberspace 'virtual townhall meetings' don't just deteriorate into a babble of
> voices and opinions (this happens even in in-person town hall meetings -
> recall the recent one held in Columbus OH by Clinton cabinet members).

I think the protesters in Ohio delivered a voice represented by half of America. What was wrong with that? The cabinet members were trying to shove a distasteful approach to a problem down America's throats. In the end, they were right.

 So, expect much more
> input, strong opinions and firm stands on most issues
>
> Frank Lew, SE
> Orinda, CA

Frank, you have got to be the master of firm stands.  In all the posts you have submitted (believe me, I have read them all) you have never, never changed your opinion about anything regardless of the overwhelming evidence to compel you to do so. I sure would hate to be on a committee where you were a member.

I truely believe that, if left up to you, we would still be using an abacus.

Regards,
Bill Allen