Re: Computer Programs

MGFran(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:

> Does anyone have recommendations for computer programs for the following:
>
>          1.  Concrete Tilt-Up panels with single or double layer of
> reinforcing,
>               able to handle up to maybe 12" thickness and 36' height, with
> l/d
>               ratios in the range of 45 or more.
>
>          2.  Concrete Tilt-Up panels and poured in place walls used primarily
> as
>               shear walls.
>
>          3.  Concrete shear walls with boundary element requirements
> considered.
>
>          4.  Masonry shear walls.
>
>          5.  Masonry tall slender walls.

Opinion - I had worked for Burke Engineering (Division of Aluma Systems
of Canada)as a detailer for concrete tilt-up panels.  Detailing for
static lifts of conc panels is commonly provided by the insert
manufacturer as an in-house (non-profit) service for clients spec'ing
the hardware.  The software is dedicated to rotating a panel with static
analysis.  The fiscal liability for a bust is not worth participation in
a specialty with a slow learning curve.