Re: New HSS Manual from AISC

Lorenzo Smith wrote:

<<I have been receiving alot of information about the new HSS
connections/design manual from AISC.  Does anyone have and use this
resource?  Have you found it helpful?  Does it utilize LRFD exclusively or
ASD as well?  Thanks for your input.>>

****

I have the manual, although I haven't really begun using yet.  The Manual
includes a stand alone specification for HSS sections, described as a
supplement to the LRFD Specification.

Except for Chapter 1 (Dimensions and properties) and the Appendix (HSS
Specification), the manual addresses connections.  In content, it is very
similar to Volume 2 of the LRFD Manual, 2nd edition or the older Volume 2
ASD/LRFD Connections book.

By the way, the book has a black cover, with silver lettering, and you
might hear it referred to as the AISC "Black Book", as opposed to the AISC
"Green Book" [ASD Manual} or AISC "Silver Book" [LRFD Manual}.

Rick Drake, SE
Fluor Daniel, Irvine