Re: New HSS Manual from AISC

lsmith(--nospam--at)ursgreiner.com wrote:

> I have been receiving alot of information about the new HSS
> connections/design manual from AISC.  Does anyone have and use this
> resource?  Have you found it helpful?  Does it utilize LRFD exclusively or
> ASD as well?  Thanks for your input.

I placed my order for the book back in May, 1997.  I think I finally
recieved my copy in January of 1998.  The book is quite informative and
usefull.  However, based upon my reading to date, the book only
considered connection of Wide Flange beams/girders to tube columns.  No
tube beam to tube columns are considered.

Brian K. Smith, P.E.