RE: SEAOC $10 dues increase objection

Ed, and others interested;
I believe that one or two of the board members are accumulating the posts
from this list to discuss at the March 4th, state board meeting. Additional
letters are always a powerful way to express an opinion.
I am confident that we have become a collective voice which has the power to
be heard.
I wish to caution us on one issue. The SEAOC board of directors are not as
literate on computer and listservice issues as we are. Our efforts are
putting pressure on them to be more accessible to the list membership and
anyone who wishes to express an opinion.  SEAOC has not responded to our
original request for accountability and I caution us not to act hastily
until they have had a chance to properly defend their position.
At this time, I want accountability, but I do not want to distroy the work
done by the state committees and members. What I do want is to avoid a dues
increase and work to reduce unnecessary cost in hopes of lowering our dues.

Dennis Wish PE