Re: Dynamic base shears, is it considered?

> ....  We also performed site-specific response spectrum
> analysis and calculated ductility ratios of all the members to ensure
> that inelastic deformations will not be excessive.

Response spectrum is essentially an elastic type of analysis. What was
the approach to estimate the ductility demand at member level (beams
and columns) in that project from the results of an elastic analysis?

Abdi (A.S. Moghadam)
sarvgha(--nospam--at)mcmaster.ca