Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Ductility demand and Ductility capacity[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Re: Ductility demand and Ductility capacity
- From: BYONGCHOI <BYONGCHOI(--nospam--at)aol.com>
- Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 21:02:50 EST
Hi Yongkyu Ju My name is Byong Jeong Choi at Illinois Institute of Technolgoy. I am studying for Ph.D. at IIT. I sometimes chech SEAOC mails. I found you many times. Your question is not simple. It is difficult task to get actual ductility (capacity), even though there are various techniques such as equivalent single degree of freedom method. If you se ASCE journal you can easily find papers relating to your question. The ductility of steel moment resisting frame ranges 3 to 4. Many of researchers are testing beam-column to roughly get the ductility capacity. Still it is SDOF. We need more study in that area. I am doing earthquake enginnering in steel structure. I got to go. See you. from B.J.Choi
- Prev by Subject: Re: Ductility demand and Ductility capacity
- Next by Subject: Dues Deduct??
- Previous by thread: Re: Ductility demand and Ductility capacity
- Next by thread: New HSS Manual from AISC