Re: Ductility demand and Ductility capacity

Hi Yongkyu Ju
My name is Byong Jeong Choi at Illinois Institute of Technolgoy.
I am studying for Ph.D. at IIT.
I sometimes chech SEAOC mails. I found you many times. Your question is not
simple. It is difficult task to get actual ductility (capacity), even though
there are various techniques such as equivalent single degree of freedom
method. If you se ASCE journal you can easily find papers relating to your
question.
The ductility of steel moment resisting frame ranges 3 to 4. Many of
researchers are testing beam-column  to roughly get the ductility capacity.
Still it is SDOF.
We need  more study in that area.
I am doing earthquake enginnering in steel structure.
I got to go.
See you.
from B.J.Choi