From: Kathleen  A. O'Brien <wildwoman1(--nospam--at)compuserve.com>
To: SEAOC Forum <seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org>
Subject: AutoCadLT/12/14 Layering problems
Date: Friday, February 27, 1998 12:02 AM

Hi

I am working on several projects with a drafting/architectural service that
works in Autocad 14. I work in Autocad LT, which is compatible with 12.

They send me Arch dwgs in 12 which they have converted from 14. I open them
up in LT, freeze the layers I don't want, add new layers with structural
data, save and email back to them or directly to the printer.

What has happened is that somewhere during these transitions, some of the
frozen layers get unfrozen, and we end up with second floor framing members
on the foundation plan, yadayada.  At least I think that's what is
happening; its the simplest explanation I can come up with that fits the
data.

This is really a mess. I was all set to stamp one project tomorrow and now
I can't until we straighten this out (not to mention billing the Client).

Has anyone else had this experience? What I have done is to open up all the
drawings, unfreeze the layers I don't want and erase everything from them.
Is there an eaiser/quicker way to fix this problem?

Thanks!

Kate (in a very crummy mood right now) O'Brien, P.E.
Simi Valley